Saturday, February 4, 2012

One more VKL photo and something completely different.

Debbie Bliss put our photo on her face book page.
I was trying on one of her designs, of course it is on top of a sweater I was already wearing so I am looking quite plump!


This is my real job, ok so it is not really like a real job either.  Knitting and designing being my other not real job?
My husband's office is in the basement of our house and he works along with 6 other people.  I make their lunch and get paid for it.  This was Thursday's lunch.
My husband likes his beef, very rare.
Filet mignon, grilled outside with Montreal steak seasoning.
Zucchini Gratin
Vine ripened tomatoes with aged balsamic vinegar
Sweet red grapes


Other lunches this week included Vichyssoise and fresh garden salad and a Shrimply Delicious casserole with chopped greens and vege salad. 
The week started with one of their favorites which is what I call Mexican Torte.  No recipe is needed, just some guidelines. 
  1. I layer in a 10" springform pan a burrito size tortilla, 1/2 can refried beans, some cooked ground meat seasoned with taco mix, another tortilla, sauteed veges (usually a mix of peppers, onions, corn and maybe beans) and cheese. 
  2. Then I repeat ending with a tortilla on top. 
  3. Cover and bake 45 min. to 1 hour on a baking sheet. 
  4. Remove the ring and cut into wedges. 
Voila or should I say Ole!


I finished knitting another vest in another yarn but still haven't heard whether this yarn is being discontinued or not.  I still have to sew it together so no photos yet.

I am still doing final proof reading on my hat pattern and hope to get it up on Ravelry and etsy soon.

Happy knitting.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment