Saturday, July 21, 2012

Interview

I have been interviewed by one of my favorite podcasters.  She is Louise Hunt of  caithnesscraftcollective.  If you haven't tried listening to podcasts, give it a go.  It can be a little addicting but you can do something else at the same time, so if at the present time you are only doing one thing at a time, you can definitely listen to podcasts.  I usually listen to them in the car or while I am knitting.  I also watch video podcasts while I am on the treadmill, that really makes the time on the treadmill fly by.
Back to my interview, Louise Hunt and I discovered each other quite awhile ago, I was looking for podcasts and she found my reworked hooded baby sweater pattern.  She often has interviews with with designers and I always find them quite interesting.  When she asked me, of course I said yes.  I had the most fun with the question about designing my own shop, a design shop. 
If you are listening to podcasts, let me know who you like (even if it isn't knitting). 

Speaking of the Hooded Baby Sweater, I finally tried out the directions I had written out for size 2.  I gave it to my great niece for her 1st birthday, so I can't really verify if the finished size fits a size 2.  But at least at this point all of the numbers work and the finished size looks proportionate.  I wish recipients of my baby gifts would give me feedback, especially of the photographic variety.


I like to use the Plymouth Encore Colorspun in muted colors for toddlers.  The custom embroidered labels add a nice touch for gifts. 
I was going to knit something other than this sweater again, but it is just my go to baby sweater and moms love it.  Do you have a favorite pattern that you knit over and over?

3 comments:

  1. I like that yarn. So pretty. Where do you get your labels made?

    I didn't know of this pattern when my kids were this size, but several of my friends have this type of sweater that they bought at the local farmer's market. They LOVE them! Such a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my labels from Heirloom Woven Lablels, Moorestown NJ. I ordered them online. They are a little expensive, but you can get a nice custom look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete