Thursday, December 27, 2012

O Tannenbaum O Tannenbaum

Christmas Caroling has always been an important part of my Christmas for longer than I can remember.  My sisters and I are still carrying on the tradition of caroling around the neigborhood.  When I saw these carolers in NYC I had to stop and listen for awhile.
 


I had the opportunity to spend 6 days in the city with my sister a couple of weeks before Christmas.  We are an 1 1/2 hour bus ride from the city, so I am usually a day tripper.  I loved living in the city if only for a few days.  Early morning walks in Central Park and daily forays to the Columbus Circle Holiday Market where we saw the carolers became my new routine.  Here are some of the Christmas trees that we saw in our adopted neighborhood.

Our home, the Philips Club.
Brooks Brothers
The Plaza
Tiffany's
The tree at Rockefeller Center.

I did spend one evening at The Yarn Company, my new neigborhood store.  I did a little stash enhancement.
three Irish girls, Adorn Sock, Globe Trekker colorway.


Lorna's Laces Solemate, Toxic Waste colorway.

This is an exclusive colorway to them just as the Westside Highway colorway is that I had purchsed during the NYC yarn crawl.  I love my fingerless gloves, Isabel, that I designed from their yarn.  

Isabel pattern, Lorna's Laces Solemate, Westside Highway colorway.

 
When I got home all relaxed and refreshed (maybe my sisters and I will have to start a new tradition?) we finally got our own tree.  Not as many ornaments this year or presents, but not too shabby.  This is my first photograph with my Christmas present, an iPhone. 
 
 
Happy New Year everyone.  

1 comment: