Sunday, April 22, 2012

Not a secret anymore.

A month ago, (March 21, It all comes out in the wash), I was talking about some secret knitting I was doing, a shawl pattern I was planning on submitting to Knitty.com.  I didn't make the deadline, since I had to celebrate my birthday for 4 days straight (I will blame it on my twin sister, or maybe I should thank her). 
I would have to wait another several months for another Knitty submission opportunity and then my pattern might not really fit in to what they would be looking for since it changes.
I decided to submit it myself but didn't get around to it until yesterday. 
Not to brag or anything (OK, I'm bragging) but I made the top of the list of patterns that Ravelers are looking at today.  It took a message from a Raveler who congratulated me for me to realize what was happening.  I had 30 sales yesterday, my first day!  I figured something was up, but I didn't know what?


I don't know how I got on the top of the list, my husband says because a lot of people were looking at my pattern.  I could say something sarcastic here but I will leave that to your imagination. 
I also have to thank my son (in addition to my sister) who gave me the yarn that inspired my design (I feel like I am up on the stage accepting an award).  I do feel special because of his gift every time I wear it and isn't that what handknitting is all about?

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Sarah! Love the subtle changes......

    Barbara Reynolds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I've had about 30 sales every day so far, that is very good for me (may not sound like a lot to Ysolda Teague!)

      Delete
  2. That is fantastic Sarah, well done!! The blog looks great by the way, too!

    ReplyDelete