Friday, December 30, 2011

The day before New Year's Eve

No official resolutions (I don't think), but I did hop on the treadmill this morning, newly dedicated (I hope) to lose that extra 5(6.5) pounds, again.
I was able to listen to my podcasts with my new wireless headphones thanks to my husband.

Some knitting..........
I did finish the second fair isle hat and have started another one, this time with a provisional cast on.  I am looking for the best way to get the results that I want.  Hopefully this will be the one.

In the meantime I have started working on a vest that I had the idea for last summer!
I had swatched this fall and drew out the schematic, but finally started making it 2 days ago. 
On the left is the swatch, I realized I had to go up to a 17 needle to get the look I wanted. 
On the right you can see I have cast on and taken off. 
I love the yarn, it is Plymouth Royal Llama Linen and it will be great for all seasons.  I wish you could feel it.  I hope my vision works out.

I received a challenge this morning.  I met a friend and her teenage daughter outside our local convenience store.  The daughter happened to be wearing a sweater I had made for my friend and I didn't even remember having made it.   Anyway,  they asked if I had ever knit a shoe topper, kind of like the boot cuffs I have designed but for shoes.  I am thinking like spats, because they envisioned them with buttons.  Will I take the challenge?  We'll see...........

No comments:

Post a Comment