Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inconsistency

I am inconsistent.
I have tried to hide this from my kids for all these years since as a parent you are supposed to be consistent.
I hate routine, but I love organization.  I'm sure we all struggle with inner conflicts.  Is it the left brain, right brain trying to coexist? 
This is all a round about way of saying that I have not blogged in awhile.  It is not for lack of content.  In fact I am trying to add all of my patterns to my blog on a separate page.  A project my son helped me start, the same one who when I was sharing my idea of starting my blog with him said, "you can start it right now I will set it up for you".  Was it all those times we said, "Do it now" that was being thrown back into my face?
I am inconsistent.  I have tried to keep notes for my blog in a notebook.  But my notebook is not always with me when I think of something and I am still not thinking of my blog when knitterly things happen.  I will try to do better.  My husband and I suggested to our daughter to start a blog.  She is a good writer and was looking for an expressive outlet.  She started a blog and set up a routine for herself and she consistently puts a post out every Sunday. 
I am going to try to do better.  Maybe I will put out a post at least every, Sunday.  I will start today. 
We can learn from our kids, or maybe they learned from us?

This is my go to baby sweater to knit.  I love knitting the sweater but do not like putting in the zipper.  But mothers love this sweater and I have been knitting it for 2 generations now.  My niece needed a baby shower gift and my sister's sister in law was having her first grandchild.  This pattern is available on my website for free.  I will have to add it to my blog!  But for now you can go here.

I didn't think I needed a yarn bowl but when I was in Philadelphia with my daughter and we walked to a local farmer's market, there was a white whiskered guy, obviously a real character, sitting at a small table filled with pottery and I spotted his yarn bowls.  Faced with the potter himself sitting there selling his wares, I had to have one.  Now I love it and wondered how I managed to live without one for so long.  OK, so I exaggerate sometimes.  It is useful and adds beauty to my life, kind of what arts and crafts is all about.  The seller also has an etsy shop, Fat Man's Pottery.  If I burned incense I would totally buy his insence holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment