Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Name Dropping at VKL

I am back from VKL, Vogue Knitting Live.  I had a great time, what's not to love about NYC and Vogue Knitting.  I took some great classes from great teachers and took photos for proof.  I just didn't get a photo of Lily Chin, one of my favorites, who I sat with at dinner.


I took a Photographing Your Fiber class with Franklin Habit.  Sorry Franklin for the photos in this post, although I didn't take them.  Hopefully my photography will start to improve.  He said I had to read the manual for my camera.  What the heck!

                                          Franklin Habit and me


 
I took a new class from Ysolda (Teague) that she is teaching, Beyond the Top Down Raglan.  Even though I have been designing for several years and she is 30+ years younger than me, she really opened my eyes to some new ideas.  I did find 2 errors in her notes and she asked if I wanted a tech editing job!  lol

 
     Ysolda Teague and me


 
John Brinegar is an interesting guy as I am sure you can tell from his picture.  We worked on picking up stitches which I do a lot of in my patterns, but I want to know how to get other knitters over their dislike should I say? of picking up stitches.  I really enjoyed his class.

                                          John Brinegar and me




Sally Mellville gave a lecture on Why We Knit.  The least mentioned reason by knitters as the why we knit is to make something we wear.  She encouraged us to wear our knits.  Make 5 of the same thing if you love it, she does.  Ironically, I have 2 of the same sweater that I wore to VKL because I love it so much and you can see both colors in my photos.  I told her she was the only instructor who wore anything she made.  I didn't tell her 2 of my instructors were guys.  Does it count that Lily Chin wore a red dress that she knit (machine) to the cocktail party?  Apparently not for my purposes.
                                                  Sally Mellville and me


 
Back home on Monday in time to catch the Island Heights sunset........



No comments:

Post a Comment